January 26, 2009

My thoughts on vaccinations......

Pretty much everyone that is close to our family knows that we have delayed the boy's vaccinations. Marshall was caught up last year after his 3rd birthday and Ben hasn't had any since he was 2 months old. It's not that I don't believe they work..because I most definitely think they do. I just don't like that they give them so many in the first 2 years of their lives. I've posted a few different articles over the past week. Once was about a combination vax giving children febrile seizures and the other was about children getting HIB. 3 out of the 5 were NOT vaccinated at all. I've been going back & forth for the past couple of weeks trying to decide what vaccinations to give Ben at his checkup. I've decided that he will be getting DT (Diptheria & Tetanus), Polio, Measles, & possibly HIB but this one was on my list BEFORE the outbreak. The HIB vax protects against pneumonia, severe sore throats, & meningitis. But at this point unless he has gotten all of them it probably won't do much good. We will just continue to do all the things we normally do to keep them from getting sick. Washing hands well and making sure they don't come in contact with any bodily fluids.

No comments:

The Greer Family

The Greer Family
Dustin, Lisa, Benjamin, & Marshall

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Lisa is a SAHM to Marshall & Ben and she is also going to school online to be a medical assistant. Dustin is a Staff Sergeant in the Air Force. Marshall just turned 6 and is finishing up his first year of school. He absolutely loves Soccer. Ben turned 4 in January and will start preschool in the Fall. He has a great imagination and is super funny and sweet!